THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, June 19, 2011

CHA CHA CHA CHANGES...........

Well, again, it has been a while since I have posted anything.  Things have been hectic as usual.  Life has been changing dramatically and unexpectedly.  



Well first off, Happy Father's Day....This is the first one without my brother who we always acknowledged on Father's Day.  I miss him so much.  It was hard today.  My SIL, niece and nephew came by after they went to the cemetery.  It was so good to see them.  My nephew is the absolute mirror image of my brother, not only in looks but also in mannerisms.  It's like looking at my brother.  My mom and SIL had an emotional time with each other.  My mom kept hugging the kids.  She was so glad to see them.  I was too.  I went and visited my brother's grave site and just sat and remembered all the good times we shared.  This was really difficult to do today.

Well, on the changing front, Cathy has finally moved in with me and my mom.  It is an experience.  A good one.  She is constantly making us laugh and has adjusted so well to us and her new home.  She loves her room (which was my old office, so now my office is in my room).  Learning very quickly the sacrifices you make for children.  Her needs are definitely coming first in my book.  

So here are some recent pics of her.....Believe me, there are plenty more too.... :-)


Cathy at Easter.....
Easter egg hunt
Swim time with Chloe in the backyard..

Cathy showing off her ballerina moves in her ballerina swimsuit..
Mimicking my mom with her morning OJ, reading the paper with her glasses on...
Mimicking me....working...

Getting ready for her first day out shopping....
Leaving the mall and holding on to "Tia's" (my mom) hand tightly...
So, that is the pleasant change going on my life right now.  Good thing I have this to keep me from running for the mountains never to be seen again...lol.  I found out last week that the job I have been at for 14 years will no longer be mine in 60 days.  Our department has finally been hit by the this sucky economy.  Oh well.  At least I got enough advanced notice and also an excellent severance package.  So I am okay until about the beginning of January.  I am deciding whether I want to look for a F/T job working from home or outside of the house.  I guess just whatever comes my way is what it will be.  But like I told them at work, when the HR person came up to me with tears in her eyes explaining how sorry she was, and I just met her that day, I told her I was fine.  Told her that I lost my brother at the beginning of the year and that was the worst loss I could ever imagine so losing my job was whatever...  Which is true.  Jobs can be replaced, material things can be replaced but a loved one cannot.  So I know things happen for a reason and I know that Cathy will be okay and I will do everything in my power to keep her that way.  She is my priority now and that in itself will not allow me to give up.  So I will make the best of this situation no matter what.  

So that is what has been going on the past few months.  Changes....and I am sure it is not the last of them.  So I will try to be more punctual about my blogs....  ya, okay.  :-)

1 comments:

Dawn said...

Cathy is just such a beautiful little girl. Her personality comes out with every photo, love them! I thought of you and Tommy yesterday, I'm so sorry sweetie and wish I could help with your pain. Love and hugs sweetie!

My Creations

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing items in a set called Projects. Make your own badge here.

What Twilight Character Are You?

Favorite Books

  • TWILIGHT ~~ NEW MOON ~~ ECLIPSE~~ BREAKING DAWN
  • Stephanie Myers, James Patterson, Anne Rice, John Saul, Dean Koontz, Stephen King, Mary Higgins Clark