THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Baby Steps.....



Well, this time as I post, it is on a more positive note.  After arguments and blow ups, finally my mom has begun to let the anger go.  A miracle in the name of Rosalinda, my cousin from Indio, came for a visit this weekend.  My mom was able to talk to her and vent to her.  Lindita just listened to her.  She did not tell her she was right or she was wrong.  She just listened.  Saturday was Miranda's birthday dinner, 20 years old, yikes.  Mom was not going to go, especially since it was at my brother's and Linda's house.  But after talking with my cousin, she asked her if she thought she should go?  My cousin thought for a while and told her (my mom) that it was up to her, but if it were her(Lindita's) decision, she would go, especially for the grandkids.  So my mom went.  When she got there it was very emotional.  Upon seeing my sis-in-law, Linda, they did not say a word to each other.  Just hugged and held each other and cried.  It was so weird.  At that moment I felt a sense of calmness come over me.  Then I thought of my brother and smiled.  I honestly felt that he was finally at peace.  MaryAnn said she felt the same as well.  I definitely felt his presence there with us.  On Sunday, I talked with my mom and she told me everything that happened with my cousin.  You could just see the difference in my mom.  She is still hurting and she said she will never be happy again, but she knows that she can go on and let the anger and the what if's go.

So, another baby step was accomplished today.  Mom went to Tommy's baseball game.  She had not gone to any of them.  It was so awesome.  And they won.  11-8.  They have been on a losing streak.  So now he says that Grandma was his good luck charm and now she has to go to all the games.

Also, I am not sure if I mentioned this on here already, but the whole teams uniform shirts have my brother's initials on their sleeve.  They will be wearing these all season.  Love it....

 

The last blow up we had I just prayed and prayed and asked my brother to pray for us and to help mom get through this, now I know he heard me.  He is still watching over us and taking care of us.

That is all for now.  I just wanted to share this and again, will try to keep up with everything.  Take care all.

1 comments:

Dawn said...

Will continue to pray for your family...I just love that they are wearing Tommy's initials on the jersey's, it brings tears to my eyes. I could just imagine your mom and sil hugging and really got tears in my eyes, so happy the family is coming together. Chloe looks darling as ever. Lots of love sent your way!

My Creations

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing items in a set called Projects. Make your own badge here.

What Twilight Character Are You?

Favorite Books

  • TWILIGHT ~~ NEW MOON ~~ ECLIPSE~~ BREAKING DAWN
  • Stephanie Myers, James Patterson, Anne Rice, John Saul, Dean Koontz, Stephen King, Mary Higgins Clark