THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, July 2, 2009

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!!!

Well, I know it is a couple of days early but my family has a reason to start celebrating early....






This is my uncle who has been battling stomach cancer since last December. He just completed his last chemotherapy at the end of May and had his CT on June 30th. My aunt called this morning to let us know the results which revealed that he was CANCER FREE!!!! We are so excited and blessed. However, I truly believe that the positive attitude and strength that my uncle displayed during this time is what got him through this. He did not give up. He fought what was going to be an uphill battle. He gave it his all. He displayed an enormous amount of courage and not once felt sorry for himself. He did not let this illness get in his way of anything. He continued with his daily activities and continued going to church every weekend. He never lost faith. He kept his upbeat personality and continued to make us laugh. I remember one weekend we went to visit him before he started his chemo treatments. We didn't know what to expect. When we got to their house, he and my aunt were at the store. So we waited and they finally showed up. My uncle went straight to his room without a word. We thought, ohoh...maybe we shouldn't have come. My aunt came in and said that he would be out. He was preparing for his chemo treatment. So finally he comes out of his room and he is wearing a wig. I am talking ladies shoulder length wig. We all just laughed and that is when I knew he was going to fight with all of his heart and soul to get through this.


So now with this done, they are now planning their 50th wedding anniversary for October. My mom is going to be the Maid-of-Honor and we are so excited about it.


Thank you God for giving my uncle the courage and strength to fight this battle and come out a winner. I know his faith in you got him through his most difficult times. I love you uncle Tommy.

1 comments:

Dawn said...

Yeah Uncle Tommy!!!! So wonderful to hear of someone going to war with cancer and coming out victorious! God is so good! Look forward to seeing the 50th anniversary pics on your blog in the future! Give Chloe a kiss!:)

My Creations

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing items in a set called Projects. Make your own badge here.

What Twilight Character Are You?

Favorite Books

  • TWILIGHT ~~ NEW MOON ~~ ECLIPSE~~ BREAKING DAWN
  • Stephanie Myers, James Patterson, Anne Rice, John Saul, Dean Koontz, Stephen King, Mary Higgins Clark