THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, May 25, 2009

FRESNO CITY COLLEGE CLASS OF 2009

YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally it is done. What a great feeling. I did not expect to feel the way that I did during this ceremony. I felt so lucky and grateful to be able to experience this. I know I could not have done it without the support of my family and friends. Especially my mom who did so much for me during my schooling. I owe so much to her for helping me meet this goal. I cannot explain how I felt being there AGAIN. It was definitely dejavu back 26 years ago...whew...that is a long time ago..Well I was so happy that I was not the only 40+ graduating. The ceremony was awesome. So full of motivation and encouragement. It truly gave me a sense of pride being there. Well, my sis was able to get a pic of me on the huge screens they had there, getting my diploma and of me coming down the stairs praying that I didn't fall on my face....


I am somewhere in this group....I'm the one in the black cap and gown...hahahaha...
Well, my family was waiting for me afterwards with lots of hugs and kisses and tears.....
Well, our original plan was to go to dinner the following day since the ceremony was so late, but we wanted to continue with the celebration and decided to go out to dinner that night. Unfortunately we were not going to make it to the Japanese Kitchen for Teppan Yaki since the restaurant closed at 10:30 and it was already like 9:30. So we decided on Toledo's for Mexican food...on our way MaryAnn calls and said that they closed at 10:00, so it was off to RED ROBIN!!!! Yes Gidge, I had our favorite, The Guacamole Burger...yummy!!!!!!!!!
Everyone chatting and grubbing......Jesse had a lil' too much to eat....The margarita's were scrumptious too....
And of course the celebratory ice-cream sundae....YUMMY!!!!
Well, I was so blessed with all the well wishes and gifts. Everyone was so thoughtful and generous. The cards, gift cards (Thanks Gidge...I got me a cute new outfit for the summer! You are the best), and so much more........I got an AWESOME new camera...I Nikon Coolpix S630 in Red (more like magenta) but awesome nonetheless, 12 megapixels and the accessories that came with it, a mini-tripod, an extra battery, carrying case, a 4 GB memory card...that holds TONS of pictures...I could go on and on about it. I just love it.
I loved every gift that I got but the most precious, surprising and treasured gift were these earrings from my mom...I was so surprised and just know how much thought she put into getting them......

And of course here are a couple of pics prior to the ceremony and of course with my precious Chloe............


So anyways, it was a great day and experience of a lifetime that I will remember and cherish forever!!!!!

3 comments:

Dawn said...

How awesome....great post...love all the pics...so PROUD of you!!!! Congratulations!!!

Dawn said...

Big Congrats Julie! I'm so proud of you! The family looks great! Can't wait to hear how you like that new camera too! ;O)

PS. I know, our Red Robin has only been open since May 1 and I've been there 3 times already....BAD GIRL! LOL!

Sabrina Famellos-Schmidt said...

Congratulations!

My Creations

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing items in a set called Projects. Make your own badge here.

What Twilight Character Are You?

Favorite Books

  • TWILIGHT ~~ NEW MOON ~~ ECLIPSE~~ BREAKING DAWN
  • Stephanie Myers, James Patterson, Anne Rice, John Saul, Dean Koontz, Stephen King, Mary Higgins Clark