THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

FINALLY!!!!

Okay my fellow knitters....get on your critiquing caps...lol...


I have finally finished a sock.. Yep, one sock. But it's done and now I am excited to start and finish the second sock. I feel more confident about it now. I definitely need more practice. Any hints on eliminating the spaces between the needles? I can't remember what those are called. So anyways, here is a picture of the finished product and of my mom modeling them. Of course I told her I would have the second one ready probably about winter..lol...she said they were warm and cannot wait. Aren't moms awesome...






Well, I feel really guilty. My poor little baby Daisy hasn't been herself for a very long time and just stuck it up to her being a cat. But lately she was just doing strange things like hiding in the closets, under the bed, in my linen closet or just staying outside all day and night (she was an inside cat) but her screaming and howling made me let her become an outside one as well. So anyway, I knew she had skin allergies and they would flair up on occasion and go away. So last week my mom and I noticed that her hair was falling out and she had become awfully thin. Her skin was covered in rash and some welt-type lesions. So I immediately called our vet and took her in. She had some type of something something dermatitis which had turned into an infection. So he gave her a shot and a bottle of liquid antibiotics which she was started on immediately. What a big difference. She is now back to her ol' self. She is walking through the house, in my office, laying on my bed, eating, fighting with Chloe, etc. She has even started sleeping with me, curled up right next to my head like she used too, or on the middle of my back. Her little tummy is fuller. She has always been a petite kitty and at most weighed 8-10 pounds. Poor baby. Of course Chloe isn't too happy about it. She has become somewhat jealous now that Daisy is out and about. So I am giving her extra love too.....

Here she is hiding under the bed in my office. She still refuses to open her eyes for the camera.

And of course Chloe did not like the fact that I was taking Daisy's picture so she literally blocked Daisy and sat up to have her picture taken. It was hilarious and me and my mom were just howling...

This was taken not too long after we returned from the vet. She just immediately started feeling better. She hadn't slept on my bed like this in such a long time.


Now Fuzzy is a totally different story. He is such a big baby. He is my big boy.

And again refusing to open her eyes...she is so stubborn.

And of course Chloe saw the flash of the camera and immediately struck her famous pose...(Look out Paris Hilton).....

Okay, well enough chitter chatter...hope everyone is doing good.....Chow.





1 comments:

Dawn said...

So glad your kitty is doing better!! That sounded scary!

My Sophie ATE some easter basket grass (Big No No for Kitties!)....so she's been a little bit sick off and on but not hiding (which is a BIG sign of illness Missy! LOL!) and her eyes are clear etc. She seems fine for the most part so we're keeping a close eye on her.

Congrats on your first sock! I'm sure there will be many more to come. Those "ladders" will usually disappear when you wash your socks. To avoid them while knitting just try snugging up your yarn a bit when you switch needles. They'll work themselves out.


(((hugs))))

My Creations

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing items in a set called Projects. Make your own badge here.

What Twilight Character Are You?

Favorite Books

  • TWILIGHT ~~ NEW MOON ~~ ECLIPSE~~ BREAKING DAWN
  • Stephanie Myers, James Patterson, Anne Rice, John Saul, Dean Koontz, Stephen King, Mary Higgins Clark